Monday 13 February 2012


Last week I went to see the Primaires, Rouge exhibition in the Marais. Cécile, a friend and neighbour, had some pieces in the Galerie Collection, near the Musée Picasso (Closed for renovation just now!)  I was reminded of Louise Bourgeois' work. I suspect the redness was the main reason, but she worked with embroidery and textiles too.





I enjoyed the show, and left with my cultural batteries charged.
Cecile Dachary, Air


There seems to be a meme of art work inspired by the human anatomy just now. Some of it is disquieting, some ethereal, magical or just plain weird.



Raija Jokinen


In 2007 we went to see the plastinated bodies exhibition in San José. One of the exhibits was the human nervous system, separated from the rest  of the body. It was extraordinary,  and quite beautiful, but a bit worrying at the same time. The emphasis claimed to be scientific, but the beauty of the body could not be denied. I prefer the pure art work, the embroideries. It worries me a lot less.

No comments:

Post a Comment