Monday 9 January 2012

Adult English

Has anyone ever bought the Collected Adult Edition of Harry Potter? If so, were they bitterly disappointed with the absence of hot, torrid scences in the corridors of Hogwarts? I wonder. There was certainly plenty of sex happening at my boarding school, but that's another story!
Anyway, adult English courses set my mind thinking along the same lines. Here is the first lesson in my Illustrated Adult English for Beginners.
Zaza:      My name's Zaza. What's your name, big boy?
Chuck:   My name's Chuck.
Zaza:     Pleased to meet you, Chuck.
Chuck:   Pleased to meet you, er, Zaza.
Zaza:      I'm French. What nationality are you?
Chuck    I'm American.
Zaza       I'm from Paris. Where are you from?
Chuck:   I'm from Greenville.
Zaza:      Greenville? What's your job, Chuck?
Chuck:   I'm in customer service. What's your job?
Zaza:      I'm in customer service too.
Chuck    Drink, Zaza?
Zaza:      Yes please.
Chuck    Beer?
Zaza:      No, thank you.
Chuck:   Champagne?
Zaza:      YES, please.


It seems that English for adults is not so different from everyday English - but this is just the first lesson.
All characters appearing in this work are fictional and any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental!


No comments:

Post a Comment